Legal = State-specific Legal Requirements; This may also include a state association that provides legal support to homeschoolers in that state.
FAQs = Questions you may have for homeschooling in that state.
- Time 4 Learning California
- Christian Home Educators Association of California
- Schooling at Home (CA DoE)
- A2Z California Homeschool Laws
- California Homeschool State Laws
CHS = Christian Homeschooling Support Groups and/or Associations.
- Homeschool World – California
- Bay Area
- Buena Park
- Camp Roberts & Fort Irwin
- Crescenta Valley
- Orange Co
- Santa Maria
- Solano Co
- South Orange Co
- Yolo Co
There are five ways to homeschool in California:
(Note: In California, do not use the term “homeschool” with government school officials; rather, refer to your private homeschool as simply a “private school.”)
- Establish a private school in your own home.
- Enroll your children in a private school that offers a satellite program (PSP).
- Hire a private tutor or hold a California teaching credential themselves.
- Send your children to a government school that offers independent study.
- Enroll your children in a public charter school.